Hello ribbon friends. I love looking at trends and trying them out in my papercrafting. One of the big trends right now that I’m loving is using your diecut machine in creating one of a kind elements in your page. I’ve had a few die cut machines but my go to right now is the Cameo from Silhouette. Recently I played around with it and cut some Summer themed elements. I don’t like wastes so I kept the negative part of the cut. With the help of some ribbons from Ribbons Unlimited, I was able to make use of this negative cuts and bring an interesting texture to my title.
1. Cut out two pieces of white cardstock measuring 11 x 11 ½” and adhere to the blue cardstock.
2. Cut out the negative title cuts and adhere ribbon behind the paper. I used my Xyron adhesive maker to make sure that the ribbon is well adhered on the back of the cardstock. Trim the ribbon.
3. Adhere the title block on the page. Adhere the rest of the elements.
4. Cut out two long and two short strips from the same ribbon. Cut a notch on one side of each of them and adhere at two different places of the page.
5. Handwrite your journaling and add the stickers and chipboard for embellishment.
Here’s a look at the finished page and a few more detailed shots….
Thank you for joining me today and hope you’ll use your ribbons with the latest trends today.
#990 Dazzle Ribbon, Red, 7/8”, Ribbons Unlimited Inc.
#995 Grosgrain stripes ribbon, candy stripe, 5/8”, Ribbons Unlimited Inc.
Cardstock- WorldWin Papers Inc.
Journaling block- Echo Park
Stickers- Creative Memories
Chipboard shapes- Sources Unknown
Die cut- Cameo, Silhouette
Pen- (Black) Millennium, Zig
Mist- source unknown