Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Warmest Wishes Card

Hello my dear crafty friends.
It's been a crazy few weeks all over the world. I pray that you are safe and healthy as we all ride out the pandemic we call COVID-19. My kids and I are following the stay-at-home order while hubby is working hard since his job is considered an essential one.
I have found that I've held onto my love of papercrafting more now than I have in the past few months. It has helped me cope and the ability to make something with my hands have soothe the anxious feelings of an unknown future.
And since I had the time, I decided to join in some challenges. The first one would be last week's sketch challenge over at the My Favorite Things blog. Here's the sketch...

And here's my take on it....


I recently purchased some dies and stamps from MFT and I was eager to "play" with them so this sketch came at a good time. Since I didn't have any tag similar to the sketch, I decided to use a rectangle stitch die for my frame.

I did use the scallop frame from the Blueprints #27 for my background and I love it. You will probably see more of that die in my future cards. It's just so versatile.

I also wanted to do some coloring and found this cute image from one of my Waffle flower stamps as my main accent. Then I used a sentiment from a Holiday stamp set from MFT. I love that "warmest wishes" can be for anything other than a winter sentiment.

Here's the list of the supplies I used:
Spiral 6x6 stencil/ Clear Scraps
Claire Stamp/ Waffle Flower Stamps
Snow Globe Sentiments/ MFT
Pinpoint Rectangle Layers/ Memory Box
Blueprints 27/ MFT
GG1, FS5, FS7, Poppy/ Spectrum Noir
Glitter gloss/ Nuvo Drops
Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed/ Distress Ink, Ranger
Pale Gold/ Nuvo Drops

Thanks for stopping by and till next time,
Grace

No comments: