Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Winter Bird card *Inspired By Stamping*

Hello there friends. Today I'm sharing a card I made using the latest bird theme stamp released by Inspired by Stamping. I have to admit, I'm not a good colorist. I admire those that can put markets and pens to use in bringing a stamped image to life. Unfortunately despite the hours of tutorials I watch on You Tube, I still can't replicate the technique. So with that being said, I recently had a light bulb moment...I can layer the image using two different inks and see how that looks. And that's exactly what I did with this card. I inked the Cardinal bird design using a brown ink and then another one on red. I used the IBS frame die cut to highlight a part of the bird with the red ink and adhered that right on top of the brown inked image. I love how the dimensional characteristic of this technique made the image pop really well in my card. I also added some glitter glue over the bird image for some shine and more texture.

cardinalbirdcard
 
cardinalbirdcard-001
 I also used the new sentiment stamp from IBS for this card. I just love the font of IBS sentiment stamps.

So there you have it. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you create something wonderful today. 

-Grace
image_thumb.png
 
clip_image012.jpg
 

Winter Birds ,Inspired By Stamping
clip_image010_thumb.jpg
 
Big Holidays ,Inspired By Stamping 
Fancy Labels 2 die ,Inspired By Stamping
Others: Cardstock, pattern papers, twine, glitter, ink pads.

No comments: