I love using the Removable, Glue Dots® adhesive as a mask. In this project, I added some autumn leave accents on my Oly Fun craft material with ease using this mask technique.
Autumn themed table runner
Designed by: Grace Tolman
Time: Approximately 1 ½ hours (including drying time for the paint)
Size: Approximately 3 ft x 1 foot
• Craft material, Oly Fun (Lemon Drop)
• Ribbons- Ribbon Boutique
• Spray paint- Espresso, Krylon
• Cardstock- Orange, Bazzill
• Thread- Coats and Clark
• Sequins- Source Unknown
• Leaf cut file- Silhouette store
• Removable, Glue Dots®
• Glue Lines, Glue Dots®
• Mini, Glue Dots®
• Sewing Machine- Kenmore
• Die cut machine- Cameo, Silhouette
1. Create a bunch of leaf share with your electronic die cut machine. Cut them out using some cardstock.
2. Cut two pieces of Oly fun craft material measuring 3 ¼ x 1 ¼ feet.
3. Take one of the craft material piece, adhere the cardstock leaf randomly on the material using some Removable, Glue Dots® adhesive. Spray the brown paint. Pull out the leaf carefully and set aside to dry.
4. Once dried, sew the two front sides of the fabrics together on three sides. Turn it over. Fold the last side and sew to close.
5. Add some veins on the leaf by sewing some straight stitches with the sewing machine.
6. Cut out ribbon to the length of the table runner. Add them to the edge of the project using some Glue Lines, Glue Dots® adhesive.
7. Add some sequins randomly on the table runner using some Mini, Glue Dots® adhesive.
Till next time,